6 Ways to Make the Most of Giving Tuesday
GivingTuesday is a day that encourages people to do good. GivingTuesday, which began in 2012, has grown into a global generosity movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people each year to give, collaborate and celebrate generously.
GivingTuesday will take place on Nov. 30, 2021. With the holiday season approaching and tax season close behind, people are often looking to make charitable contributions this time of year.
GivingTuesday can spark a surge of support for your organization to collect donations and raise awareness about your cause. While this day provides an opportunity for high-profile coverage and fundraising momentum, planning a campaign is up to you.
INSURICA has some tips to help you prepare for a successful GivingTuesday.
- Set goals – Plan how you’re going to use your resources to reach the most effective targets. Track progress and performance.
- Develop a campaign strategy – Consider a multichannel approach to reach the greatest number of people. This includes emails, social media posts, direct mailings, and phone calls.
- Create a donor stewardship plan – To turn new donors into lifelong donors, you’ll need a donor stewardship plan in place to maintain engagement and keep retention high.
- Recruit stakeholders – Involve your board members on any special opportunities they may have to offer. Reach out to corporations you’ve partnered with before to see if they’ll help amplify your message.
- Involve your network – Ask existing supporters to share your message with their networks and fundraise on your behalf.
- Plan for December – GivingTuesday is just the start of the giving season. Nearly one-third of all donations happen in December, so be prepared to ride the momentum of GivingTuesday into the next few weeks.
For more tools, resources and tips visit GivingTuesday.org
This flyer is for informational purposes only and is not intended as professional advice. © 2021 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.